The main closest international airport by increasing distance order are:
- Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Malaysia (preferred for our EU/US guests)
- Singapore (SIN)
- Jakarta (JKT), Indonesia
Then to reach our charming island of Pulau Weh from your international flight you will need to:
- Fly to Banda Aceh, main city of Sumatra province, Indonesia,
- Take the 45 mn ferry to our island,
- Arrange your local transports from the airport and from the ferry.
Finally you can enjoy a well deserved fresh fruit juice on the beach 😉B
1 – Flights to Banda Aceh (BTJ)
From Kuala Lumpur (KUL), capital of Malaysia and closest airport from Banda Aceh, Airasia has 2 to 3 direct flights a day which usually connect well with the ferry. It is short, cheap, efficient.
From Penang (PEN), direct flights with Firefly airlines.
From Bangkok no direct flights to Banda Aceh. Fly to Medan (Air Asia), Kuala Lumpur (Air Asia, Malaysia airlines, Egypt Air, Thai airways) or Penang (Air Asia) and later to Banda Aceh.
You can easily search your connection with flightconnections.com or ITA Matrix.
2 – Ferry
|FAST FERRY (recommended)||FROM BANDA ACEH||FROM PULAU WEH|
|Mon ·Thu · Fri · Sat · Sun||8:00am & 10:00am & 4pm||8am & 2:30pm & 4:00pm|
|Tue · Wed||10:00am & 4pm||8:00am & 2:30pm|
|45 min. · Price: 80.000-100.000 Rp (6€) depending on class.|
|SLOW FERRY||FROM BANDA ACEH||FROM PULAU WEH|
|Wed · Fri · Sat · Sun||11am & 4pm||8am & 2pm|
|Mon · Tue · Thu||2pm||8am|
|1:30 hours · Price: 25.000-50.000 Rp (2-4 €) depending on class|
|Boat schedule can change due to weather conditions. Be conservative and arrive at the harbour 30 minutes before departure time.|
If you experience any issue during your trip, don’t hesitate to contact us by email to email@example.com or by phone +62 813 56281527.
3 – Local transports
Here are well organised-hassle-free contacts you can join on Whatsapp from us to pre-organise your transports from/to the aiport. Just send them your name + arrival date and time, and they will wait for you few steps away from the crowd of yelling taxis with your name on a slate and a smile on their face 😉
- From Banda Aceh Airport to the ferry:
- Bob (+6285277860030) speaks very good English and can even organise a little tour around Banda Aceh if you have few hours to enjoy before your ferry. Price is 150.000 IDR (9€) from the airport to the ferry, +100.000 IDR/hour if you ask him to show you around.
- Taxi should otherwise cost about 120.000 Rp (7€) for the car, not per passenger. Maximum 3 passengers.
- From Pulau Weh Ferry to our place:
- Iwan (+6281362789966) is a nice calm « betchak » driver (local side-car motorcycle). With the scents, the view and the breeze, Betchaks are a very nice way to have a first contact with our island. Iwan’s English level is enough but basic, so don’t make long sentences on Whatsapp, just the essential. Price is 80.000 IDR.
- By becak or taxi, the cost should be about 80.000-100.000 IDR (6€).
- In case you arrive on your own, ask for Freedive Weh at the end of Gapang Beach, just after Monster diving center.